Wednesday 13 August 2014

Acid Attack Survivors Unveil Faces In New Fashion Photoshoot

 

3 acid attack survivors, have decided to come out of hiding. After spending so many years hiding their faces, the three Indians decided to take a bold step and do a photoshoot with photographer,  Rahul Saharan.
From left to right, we have Laxmi, Rita and Rupa . 22-year old Rupa, now has her own clothing collection, called Rupa Designs. Her clothing line designed the clothes used for the shoot, Rupa, said:
'I always wanted to be a designer but after the attack there was a pause in my life. I was so insecure and embarrassed by my scars I used to cover my face with a scarf. I always hung onto my dream but I never knew that one day it would be possible and I would be launching my own label.'
 
Rupa, the lady in white, was asleep in August 2008 when her stepmother threw acid on her face. Her stepmum was found guilty and sentenced to prison but she is now free and living her life with no signs of remorse after serving just 18 months.

Rupa dropped her surname after her father took sides with her stepmum







 OCB BBpin: 7E314696 Twitter: @opecareem Instagram: @opecareem Show some love, like us on facebook------------>>>www.facebook.com/OcbVibez

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly drop your comments and also follow
Twitter: @opecareem
Instagram: @opecareem