Friday, 19 December 2014

Miss World Pageant Bans The Use Of Bikinis In It's Competition

Come 2015, the Miss World team would be doing something different...it seems like they are trying to redefine the way beauty is defined. In a move that is set to shock the beauty and fashion world, Miss World Chairwoman, Julia Morley, have announced that the wearing of bikinis in it's pageant have been abolished. In her words,
 
I really don’t want—I don’t need to see women just walking up and down in bikinis. It doesn’t do anything for the woman. And it doesn’t do anything for any of us,” she told Elle magazine. “I don’t care if someone has a bottom two inches bigger than someone else’s. We are really not looking at her bottom. We are really listening to her speak.” Miss World has been around for 64 years, and as from next year, there would no longer be the swimsuit category in the competitions....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly drop your comments and also follow
Twitter: @opecareem
Instagram: @opecareem