
Top actor, Project Fame anchorman, Joseph Benjamin is celebrating his new award. He emerged the Best Actor on the leading role at the 5th edition of African NAFCA Awards held in Hollywood. According to Mr. Benjamin, the award came at the time when he has lost faith in award ceremonies ‘organized by people from this part of the continent’, saying such awards have lost credibility.
"Fam we just brought this home, from the just concluded 5th edition of the African NAFCA Awards that took place in Hollywood. I was not present at the ceremony, but was honored on the day. I am humbled by this.
My shoutout to my brother and friend @nevadabridgepro for casting me in his movie and the amazing @robertpeters for being a job well done. This is just coming at a time, when I had lost faith in award ceremonies, organized by people from this part of the continent. From my stand point, they have lost credibility, it is no longer a function, of who deserves the award or who got voted to win, it is now a function of being in a circle aka (man know man).
The most recently adopted style is, whoever acknowledges intent to be available on the said day gets the award. I look at this and shake my head in sadness, you do not need to set up an award ceremony, if you cannot meet the required standards. Most awards ceremonies these days, are a platform to make money, I do not have a problem, with you setting out on a business venture if you will have credibility," he said.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Kindly drop your comments and also follow
Twitter: @opecareem
Instagram: @opecareem