Friday 27 January 2017

It's No Crime Meeting Your Ideal Woman Online, I Met Mine on Facebook - Popular Gospel Artiste, GideonGold

People often bastardize online relationship medium because there are so many faked people all around, who claim to be who the are not...all to impress the opposite sex. This doesn't mean you will not find people who are honest, truthful and who's got integrity; so, when like-minds cross paths irrespective of the media especially social or whatever, it works out!
It's no crime meeting your ideal woman online, i met mine on Facebook.

Gideon Gold

Gideon Aduragbemi Gold popularly referred to as GideonGold sure knows his way around making sweet melodious righteous music, the Lagos born talented singer in an exclusive interview with OCB said he loves his wife because she is everything to him, be also said he will never enter big brother if given the opportunity. Read excerpts from his interview below.
Good to have you here Gideon! How do you do?
Thank you.
I'm doing great by grace. 
Can I take few minutes of your time?
Smiles, sure.
 I really have a lot to of questions begging for answers, may I continue?
Please proceed.

Thanks, so to start with, if you didn't become a singer, what everyday occupation would you have liked?
I definitely would have become a Resource person or an Economist.



You wanna tell me why?
It's simply because human Management is something I can invest my time and all in. 

Ok, tell me something about your new single?

"LoveSong" is an outcry of a grateful person, who expresses love to the creator as the reason he's still alive.

Let me digress...How many pairs of shoes you own?
Smiles.
You'll have to pay me a visit to verify that.

Is it true that you have a house in every country on this planet?
Amen.
I receive that prophecy.

I am funny like that....What's your bad quality?
Bad quality???
Maybe I love deep and total details of whatever I'm interested in.

 If you were a t-shirt, what color would u be? And Why?
Royal blue.
It gives a basis for other prints to shine through it.
  
Who would you take on a date on space and why?
My wife. Because she's me!

How often and for how long do you practice?
120-180minutes weekly.

What exactly do you practice...lol - exercises, new tunes, hard tunes, dance steps, etc.?
All.
Do you teach music?
Yes I do.
 So I should be your next student.....How do you balance your music with other obligations - and home?
I will be waiting to have you as a student....God is helping us.. It's quite tasking tho.

Speaking of home, are you married?
Yes I'm married.
 
Gideon Aduragbemi Gold
How did you meet your wife?
I added her up on facebook based on suggestions. We became friends after 2 months but saw for the very first time after 1 year. it was a process, we moved from *friends to lovers, got our conviction, proposed, now we are married*


So to you, there is nothing wrong with online dating?
People often bastardize online relationship medium because there are so many faked people all around, who claim to be who the are not...all to impress the opposite sex. This doesn't mean you will not find people who are honest, truthful and who's got integrity; so, when like-minds cross paths irrespective of the media especially social or whatever, it works out!
It's no crime meeting your ideal woman online, i met mine on Facebook.

You’ve been showing up in some stunning 'dos lately....You must have been making a lot from music...tell me about it Gideon (by 'dos I mean haircuts, blazers, pants...)
Smiles.
It's an evidence that God who works with and in me is my sufficiency.

What would you talk about on your  way to a redcarpet?
I'll talk about me and who I represent!

What will you do if an event gets boring?
Nothing. I'll be there till I'm ready to take my leave. Funny enough, if you carefully observe, there's no event that is too boring for you not to get something from it.

 Do you have band members?
Sure.
Confirm band members and names (and band name!) – real names? 
Band Name: The Recordbreakers
It's a band of 10 awesome vocalists and musicians. Mentioning names??? Can we pend that for now, please.
 Hmmmm, Ok o, Why did you pick your stage name GideonGold?
GideonGold is my brand curled out of my names - Gideon Aduragbemi-Gold

 Why did you decide to choose the genre or you do?
Well,
I choose the Afro-contemporary genre of music so as to express myself with ease.
  
Do you write out your lyrics?
Yes I do write it.

Do you ever change a song’s lyrics in live sets? 
I don't but I can add to it as inspired.

Where do you usually gather songwriting inspiration? 
In my closet when studying.

 What is your usual songwriting process?
Studying the scripture, my note and pen beside my always, then I write as led.

 Do you have a band website? Why or why not?
No.
We will work it out soon.

Do you have a Facebook or Twitter? If yes, please state.
Twitter: IamGideonGold
Instagram: IamGideonGold
Youtube: GideonGold
Facebook: GideonGold
  
Do you think that online presence is important for fans to find you and critics to find your music to write about?
Yes it is.

What do you think about online music sharing?
 
It's the easiest medium to reach fans globally. 

 Do you ever give your music away for free? Why?
This debut single is given to all so to download for free but I can't guarantee the next will be same.

Since everyone was a startup once, can you give any smaller or local bands looking to get gigs and airplay some tips?
Hmm..
My advise is simple, "invest in platform sharing and showcasing for that will be your announcement media overtime, when your time is right".

How was you experience at the 74 Hours Marathon Messiah Praise?
Awesome.

 Will you be at the 75 Hours Praise?
By God's grace, I will!

Anything you would like share, from new merch to upcoming shows/tours or song?
Kindly keep your fingers crossed. #winks. 

Who is your celebrity crush?
Errhm.....
I don't have.

What are somethings that you can't leave the house without?
Smiles.
Just two things; A white handkerchief and my phone.

When was the last time you cried? 
Can't remember o.

Name 3 people you admire.
Funny enough, they're all pastors; Pastor Donnie McClurkin, Pastor Nathaniel Bassey, Pastor Segun Odewunmi.

Does being a a popular gospel artist prevents you from being or doing something you really like?
Not really.
It just gives you the steadfast consciousness of "stay careful".

Which is tougher, singing or being a celebrity? 
Being a celebrity, sir.

What is your favorite childhood memory? 
Leading a church adult mass choir during her convention at age 11.

How do you remain calm and gracious when being harassed by fans and the media?
Smiles.
My brother, just be yourself

I know you like food a lot, what's your favorite?
Pasta.

How do you manage your female fans?
I stay calm, carefully chose words without making them feel insulted or embarrassed.

why are your outfits so awesome and who inspired you for your style??
I'm quite creatively stylish, inspired mostly by people, could be anyone not necessarily celebrity friends.

Do you get nervous before every show?
No I don't.

What advice would you give to people wanting to get into the music?
Make sure you carry content for unique delivery.

Who were your favorite celebrities when you were younger? 
Segun Obe, who I once worked with, Kirk Franklin as always.

Do you believe in your music or do you consider yourself a "performer" of what people write for you?
I so believe in me.


If you were an animal, what would you be? And why?
Peacock, it's beauty captivates..

What made you pick the dress you are wearing now?
Smiles.
Because I want it on. No preference 

What projects you are currently working on? Which project is going to release first in the coming days?
Songs..
"Turned Around" is a track that will be dropping soon.

Which celebrities you believe are the most influential?
In Gospel music, I'll say Nathaniel Bassey and Frank Edward.

 On what do you spend the most: clothes, accessories, perfumes, underwear, or anything else?
Anything necessary per time though.

 Whom do you love more, your music, your parents, friends, spouse, kids, siblings, your yourself?
My spouse.


Are you a bathroom singer?
Yeeeeeeesssssss.. I love expressing myself in my bathroom if I'm not in a rush though.

Do you believe in love at first sight?
No.
If you were given a chance, as a christian, would you enter Big Brother?
No.

Who according to you is the best dressed man in the music industry?
I can't say.

Which artist (es) have you worked with? And who are you planning to work with in future?
Segun Obe, Bukola Bekes, Big B.. Endless list trust me and I hope to still work with them and more people.

If I came to your home and looked inside the refrigerator, what would I find?
Water and fruit juice.


Which instruments do you play?
Piano and drums

Which famous musicians do you admire? Why?
Nathaniel Bassey
That great grace of God in him and his humility.

Were you influenced by old records & tapes? Which ones?
Hymns.

How do you handle mistakes during a performance?
A simple smile makes me take positives from it.

Tell me about a project or accomplishment that you consider to be the most significant in your career.
That's quite personal you know.

Can you tell me how you come up with the songs you write?
I choose a topic of worth about God in the place of prayer, then I'll break it down into simpler forms the apply rhymes so to look poem like- we're good to go

Tell me about yourself
My name is Gideon Aduragbemi-Gold. I was bred and brought up in Lagos State but hails from Ekiti and Ondo states, Nigeria. I attended Mavir Foundation School, Olodi Apapa;
DairyFarm secondary school and graduated from Lagos State University (B. SC IRPM). Growing up was fun especially when you are born into a Clergy family.

 I will like to ask all of my interviewees to come up with a question for the next celebrity i will interview..so which question would you want me to ask?
What gives you a 'cheer up' inspiration when moody and you're next to go on stage?

 GideonGold, you have been amazing, I wish we could go on and on...above all, thanks for your time.
You're highly welcome.
My pleasure.
 

4 comments:

  1. So you can't enter Big brother? sit down there ooo. Boya lomo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you are married? Msheeeew. #AngryFace

    ReplyDelete

Kindly drop your comments and also follow
Twitter: @opecareem
Instagram: @opecareem