Monday 28 July 2014

"I Started Music With Terry G and Samklef"- Nollywood New Comer, OpeDesmond

OpeDesmond

Introducing, nollywood next big thing.....Ope Desmond had an exclusive chat with Opecareem Blog where he revealed that he started music with Terry G and Samklef. Enjoy! 
OCB BBpin: 7E314696  
Why acting?  
       I was a banker few years back and also worked with different I.T firm, nothing like doing what you are passionate about. I love entertainment right from childhood, most especially Acting & Music. I started music with the likes of terry G, Sam klef, Mosco Dee and rest. We all grew up together in Iju, we are brothers. My second single was produced by terry G way back 2008. After school I decided to go into practice as an I.T professional, worked with different firm. But now I’m fully back into entertainment, most especially Acting while music can come later
 
 
Do you get nervous in front camera?
 NO

Who were your favorite celebrities when you were younger? 
       Antar Laniyan and Richard Mofe Damijo (RMD)

Do you believe in your talent or do you consider yourself a "performer" of what people write for you?
     Oh sure, I so much believe in myself and my talent

If you were stranded on a desert island, what three items would you take with you?
     Tent, fishing pole and water

If you were an animal, what would you be?
       Hmmmmm, I think... Horse

What projects you are currently working on? 
      Currently working with DIM on Supermom TV series Season 5


 How many movies have you featured in? 
       I have faetured in couple of movies, can't be specific in figures, Have acted in Supermom Season 5, Abbey Eleregbe, Ojise Mi, Aye ainipekun
 

 
Which of these would you refer to as the most challenging?
 Abbey Eleregbe , because it was my first job
      
How did you start your journey into nollywood?
I started late 2012, but officially May 2013, in an audition with Xcite Africa TV soap, though the audition was very challenging cos it's my first time on stage after so many year in church drama. All thanks to my friend Chima the manager of Diddy Nigeria Clothing (DNC) He was the one that introduced me to the producer of the first movie I featured in, the job brought me completely into the movie  industry
     
Which celebrities you believe are the most influential?
Sir Olu Jacob, Richard Mofe Damijo, Joke silva
 
On what do you spend the most: clothes, accessories, perfumes, underwear, or anything else? 
All these are necessity for an artist, so I spent money mostly on wears
    
 
 If you were given a chance, would you enter Big Brother?
       Sure, it will be dream come true.
 
 Who according to you is the best dressed man in nollywood?
        JIM iyke
 
Nollywood is very big and chances of making it seems minute especially for up comings, anything you want to say to your competitors?
      I work everyday to make myself better, my performance and interpreting any role given to me, no knowledge that’s an island of its own, so I keep learning everyday , So beware my competitors…. Lolzzzzzzz
 
If you were a character from 'Lost,' which one would, you be?
       The mysterious, played by Terry O’ Quinn
 
Which amous actor/actress do you admire? Why?
         Antar Laniyan, His my mentor
 
How do you handle mistakes during a performance?
I improvise, knowing how to improvise has helped me a lot during a performance
      
 Let's get to meet you....
  I’m Desmond Ajibode Opeyemi Samuel, known as (OpeDesmond) An indigene of Lagos, Ifako ijaiye Local Government, An Actor, an entrepreneur, a  Musician, a compare and a graduate of Electrical and Telecommunication
 
 What is your selling point?
   My selling point is my code, which I’m not willing to reveal, but I’m unique in my own way and style
Educational background?
            I had my primary and secondary in Lagos, my tertiary in Lagos and Ogun state
 
Who is an actor?
 An actor is someone who can play character in film, television and radio or theater production. Acting is ability to interpret  a role or character
 
Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
            Hmmmmmm competing at the international level
 
Thank you for stopping by...I wish you success in your chosen career. 
 Thank you for having me OCB, I can be reached on facebook ( Ajibode Opeyemi Desmond),  Twitter @Opedesmond, or BBM ( 7C200B9B).

4 comments:

  1. Hmmmm, dats my prince. You rising fast bro, nice seeing u at the top, talented dude, Mr Desmond omo Ajibode wa last paaaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmmm, i'm not surpris for I know him, have been all the way up there and I know he have so much to offer, the most hardworking gentleman of my time am so sure that very soon he will be receiving awards of the best actor in and out of Nigeria. Go on the sky is or beginning. I still remain ur number 1 fan my Omo Yoruba

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, well done ope,remember the sky is your shooting place, your going far and also keep up the zeal in u,your going places sha don't forget me o

    ReplyDelete

Kindly drop your comments and also follow
Twitter: @opecareem
Instagram: @opecareem