Tuesday 30 September 2014

"I Regret Ever Shooting My New Movie, I Am Not Dating Musiliu Obanikoro"- Oyinkansola Momoh

Oyinkansola Momoh
 
"Sexual harassment is not new, its happens everywhere, as far as you are good looking you must experience it"- Nollywood actress, Oyinkansola Momoh
Fast rising nollywood crossover actress and movie producer, Oyinkansola Momoh in an exclusive interview with Opecareem narrates her ordeal, talks about her relationship with former Lagos Governorship aspirant, Musiliu Obanikoro and her foray into acting...enjoy below:
The competition is getting tougher by the day..and so many young, beautiful and talented girls are also competing...what is so special about you? 
Like we say, ladies are equal but to me, we ladies are of different shades. My hair makes me special and unique. 
Why acting? 
(Smiles) If I tell you this is the reason why I act that means I want to start exaggerating. Acting is part of me, it's in my blood and I do it to teach people moral.
 
 
If not acting, then what? 
 If not acting then I would have become an Air hostess because I love travelling. 

So far, how many movies have you featured in?
hmmmmmmm, wow! Frankly, I have featured in so many movies no doubt.
 Which is the most challenging? 
OMG, its my new movie but no yet released, Titled ADAH. I regret ever setting up the location because I faced lots of challenges, an accident occurred, my brand new car was pieced right off, I lost all the money I had on me but I thank God nobody was injured and the movie eventually went well.
So sorry about that, Oyin....Describe your first day on a movie set. 
Thanks, it's ok...wow, my first day was a memorable day. It was as if I have been acting for long, I acted well and the character I played was a kind of character  that every other ladies out there would love to play.

So tell me about the journey into Nollywood. It was rough and tough but all the thanks to LATE MONSURAT OMIDINA a.k.a OMOLADUN. She was my stepping stone into Nollywood, I could still remember that day just like yesterday, I knelt down and cried and I said Aunty I can act, pls help me then she looked at me and laugh, that was how I joined and since then almighty God intervene. I pray she should keep on resting in the bosom of the lord. 

Who do you look up to in the industry? 
I humbly say I don't have anybody I look up to but God because he is the source of my inspiration. 

I understand how tough it is for an  upcoming actress to get movie roles, between me and you *lol*  any sexual harassment from producers? 
Sexual harassment is not new, its happens everywhere, as far as you are good looking you must experience it but it is not a do or die thing. Producers don't force actress to date them, and mind you if you are good and your delivery sounds good you will get good roles.

 Let's get to meet you, what are your real name, background...
I am OYINKANSOLA, IBUKUNOLUWA, YEYETUNDE MOMOH, I am from Edo state (AUCHI) we are five in the family, I am the forth. I spent most of my time in IJEBU in my LATE grandma's place and later to Lagos. I attended Akinsemoyin nursery and primary school Surulere and my secondary was Reagan memorial at Sabo Yaba, my higher institution was Lagos state polytechnic. I so much love my Grandmum, I promise her loving memory will remain in my heart and it will be so Evergreen. 
What and what will I find in your purse? 
Chewing gum, handkerchief and my powder. 

Since everyone was a start up once, can you give anyone who also wanna be like you some tips? 
Yea, I will advice they should be themselves, and their ego should be cut off. Most important thing always take correction and put God first in whatever they do, if u do all this, success awaiting you. 

  So, about your relationship with Musiliu Obanikoro? How is he to you?Lol, Obanikoro is like an uncle to me. Nothing more...I wonder where people are getting the stories from.

Would you mind exposing your body in a movie? 
I can't expose my body because it won't add to my beauty, I value my body more than anything.

 Would I be right to say Oyinkansola might be going into Politics, if not now at least later? 
Capital NO ....no no.

What are you working on now?
Oh beautiful, am working on something meaningful but let me just hang it till the final day. It is well.

6 comments:

  1. I like this lady. GOD BLESS YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one. The sky is your beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You think she will tell you the truth.. all this actress sef I wonder if na movie dem dey do or na market dem dey sell *justsaying*

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dear just pray to God that the movie will be the very best. More greese to your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. (k) we have hear. eku ise nah

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is intelligent,courageous. humble and beautiful unlike some who are ugly,think they are pretty and are big headed.Just remain focus my dear.Life is full of ups and downs and the movement to the pick is full of many obstacles.You are getting there.Sorry about your lost.

    ReplyDelete

Kindly drop your comments and also follow
Twitter: @opecareem
Instagram: @opecareem