Sunday, 10 July 2016

Acting Is A Jealous Mistress -Nollywood Actress, Motilola Adekunle



Radio presenter turned actor and movie producer, Motilola Adekunle talks about her passion, family, movie making and Nigeriancelebrities in this interview with OpeCareem.......enjoy


Tell us something about your new film?
 ●My new movie is titled Mirage ( iruju) it's a rare one of a kind story that will blow your mind,for people who think they can predict ending to movies I dare you on this one,it will be out soon to be marketed by Almaroof Standard Investment, but while we wait for that I have featured in several other online movies like Onikaluku, Abe Orule, Agba Awo,Apo, Omo Ajilete, Imofo all on Olekutv on YouTube check those out too

If you didn't become a celebrity, what everyday occupation would you have liked?
  ●I would have been a business owner probably selling bags and shoes...I like that too

How many pairs of shoes you own?

●Like 20 pairs or more not counting the bad ones

What's your bad quality?

●I have a terrible temper and tend to be uncontrollable when I'm angry, I unleash and that's a bad thing but I'm working on it.

 If you were a t-shirt, what color would u be? Why?

 ●I will be a Yellow T Shirt for some reason I love that color and it loves me too, and it shines It's a happy color


 Who would you take on a date on space and why?

 ●I will take my daughter because I don't spend as much time as I would love to with her, if I had my way she will never be out of my sights but it is well, so I will sail to the ends of the world with her and spend all the time we have together..just her and mom

How do you balance your acting with other obligations - mate, children, job?
●Acting is a jealous mistress,it wants to take everything away from you but like a man deals with a jealous woman,beg her and you fight her thats how I balance my time, I fight when I have to and I beg when I need to, I need my home and my job to be a complete woman so I do the best I can but I must confess, it's been a tug of war, so far God has been winning.

Do you have a Facebook or Twitter?

 ●Sure,i have a Facebook page Motilola Adekunle, I have an Instagram page @motilola and I am on Twitter as @ayadekunle1

Who is your celebrity crush?

●True Confession I'd have to pick Justin Timberlake....there I said it

What are somethings that you can't leave the house without?
 ●I can't leave the house without saying my morning prayers

When was the last time you cried?
 ●A few days ago

 Is there anything other than acting you would rather do?
 ● Nothing, there is nothing I'd rather do than Acting....I'm in love with it

 Name 3 people you admire

● I admire Omotola Jalade-Ekehinde for encouraging people like us to balance marriage and a career, I admire Kunle Afod, he works like he was born for this job and his creativity wows me, I admire Toyin Aimakhu her talent is out of this world .

Does being a celebrity prevent you from being or doing something you really like?

 ● Yes it has stopped me, Im the kind of person that will lash out on social media but since a press man quoted me out of context to mean my marriage was over I had to stop, some woman even thought I was fighting her over her husband on social media...I had to stop because people were just blowing the smallest things out of proportion, I used to be the girl you would see all about her through her posts of any media platform but these days I'm very careful even avoid posting pictures of my daughter, because you never know who wants to harm you,by putting it all out there you are just giving them leads to harm you

Which is tougher, acting or being a celebrity?

●Being a public figure is way harder than Acting, oh when I'm on set with my people we are one family,no one judges me harshly,  no one tries to put you down but out there people you have never met doing   Don't like you, they just want to see you and laugh at you,critique your dress, your make up,your eyes  And all that

 What is your favorite childhood memory?

 ●Oh...that will be the times my sisters and I used to wear matching clothes and sing in church..we were the heart and soul of children choir,i love those days funny enough my younger sister still sings but my elder sister and I don't do that anymore

 Who were your favorite celebrities when you were younger?

●Maria of Sound of Music, The little girl in Sound of Music and Captain also from that musical
If you were stranded on a desert island, what three items would you take with you?

●  If I was stranded on a desert I'd pick a compass, A night tent, and light maybe a flashlight

If you were an animal, what would you be?

 ●I will be a lioness, honestly because I protect and guard what's mine dangerously

What projects you are currently working on? Which project is going to release first in the coming days?

● I'm still working on a project I have had for a very long time, IDERA, it's a cancer advocacy,gender based violence and awareness project..funding has been a major issue but I believe the time has come for it now,my team and I will be reaching out to people very soon, it's time for the arts to step into advocacy we are the voice of the people and seeing is believing, we need to bring this issues as close as possible to people, it's time to stop Gender Based Violence To let people know, Early detection can help with breast cancer and to know that child Abuse is real,i signed up to lend my voice to correct the ills in this society the only way I know how to.And thats why we will do this as God lives

 Which celebrities you believe are the most influential?

 ●In Nigeria as of Today, Odunlade Adekola, Genevieve Nnaji, D'banj

 On what do you spend the most: clothes, accessories, perfumes, underwear, or anything else?

●My daughter takes most of my money, I'm not a vain person and I spend on clothes too because of the job, I also invest in people

 Whom do you love more, your parents, friends, spouse, kids, siblings, your yourself? ●Myself,My Daughter,My Husband,My Mother,Siblings in that order

 Do you believe in love at first sight?

●I believe in love at first sight, I fell in love with the love of my life the very first day I set my eyes on him..I knew we would have something different from everything we have both ever had and that's the case till this minute so I believe strongly in love at first sight

 If you were given a chance, would you enter Big Brother?

 ● Yes I will enter big brother but I don't think I can win but id definitely love to try

Who according to you is the best dressed man in nollywood?

●  I think I will go with AY the comedian on this one,he is moderate and that does it for me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kindly drop your comments and also follow
Twitter: @opecareem
Instagram: @opecareem