Taraba state run-off election between Darius Ishaku of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and Senator Aisha Jummai Alhassan of the All Progressives Congress (APC), has been fixed for Saturday, April 25. The Head of Department, Enlightenment and Publicity, Mr. Phebian Yame, who announced the date at the head office of the commission in Jalingo, said the date had been communicated to all the parties involved.
Showing posts with label 2015 general elections. Show all posts
Showing posts with label 2015 general elections. Show all posts
Wednesday, 15 April 2015
Monday, 13 April 2015
Lagos PDP rejects governorship results.
Though APC Lagos governorship candidate, Akinwunmi Ambode has been declared winner, even receiving a congratulatory call from PDP candidate, Jimi Agbaje, the Lagos State Chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP are not accepting the results.
In a statement by its Legal Adviser, Mr. Adeleke Adefala, said card readers were manipulated in areas where the APC won.
Wednesday, 8 April 2015
FG Closes All Land Borders Ahead of Saturday’s Governorship Election
The Federal government has directed that all the nation’s land borders be closed from 12 midnight on Thursday ahead of the April 11 governorship and state houses of assembly elections. This, according to the government, is to ensure a successful conduct of the elections, which is the last batch of the 2015 general elections.
Monday, 30 March 2015
Full Presidential Election Results By INEC
Guys here are the original results announced by INEC.....Prof. Jega said others shall be announced by 8PM......
Jonathan Defeats Buhari in Nasarawa
President Goodluck Jonathan of the Peoples Democratic Party
(PDP) has defeated his opponent of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Gen. Mohammadu
Buhari in a keenly contested election in Nasarawa State, Leadership reports. Announcing the result at the state headquarters of the
Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), the state collation officer,
Prof. Abdulmumin Hassan Rafindadi, Jonathan defeated Buhari with 36, 627 votes.
Wole Soyinka: 2015 Presidential elections was the most expensive,vicious,vulgar I have witnessed
Prof. Wole Soyinka, has described the presidential and National Assembly elections as the most vicious, unprincipled, vulgar and violent he had ever witnessed.
In an interview with The Guardian UK on Sunday, he was quoted as saying,
“We’re talking about a very positive response by the public in terms of determination to register and vote but, you know, this has been one of the most vicious, unprincipled, vulgar and violent exercises I have ever witnessed.I just hope we won’t go down as being the incorrigible giant of Africa.
“This one was like a no-holds-barred kind of election, especially, frankly, from the incumbency side. One shouldn’t be too surprised anyway given the kind of people who are manning the barricades for the incumbent candidate.
2015 Presidential Election Free & Fair - ECOWAS
While most Nigerian citizens are busy throwing punches at INEC, the ECOWAS Observer Mission, EOM, has declared that Saturday’s Presidential election is acceptable and meets the criteria of being free and transparent.
The mission’s head and former President of Ghana, John Kuffour expressed satisfaction with the commitment made by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, political parties, security agencies and various entities on the electoral process. He observed that the turnout of voters was generally high with a laudable participation of women and young people who displayed commendable level of patience and discipline.
Friday, 27 March 2015
Here Is The National Broadcast By President Jonathan On The 2015 General Elections
So, OCB brings you this From The State House…Serious one..must read if you are a Nigerian!
Dear Compatriots,
1. As we
prepare to go to the polls tomorrow, I have come before you this morning to
express my immense appreciation for the opportunity you gave me to lead this
great nation of ours in the past four years.
2. I also
wish to place on record, once again, my sincere gratitude for the support you
have given my administration without which the significant progress we have
made in recent years would not have been possible.
Wednesday, 25 March 2015
Nigeria shuts all borders ahead of Presidential election
The Ministry of Interior Affairs has announced the closure of all land and sea borders ahead of Saturday’s presidential elections.
According to a statement released and signed by the Ministry's permanent secretary, Abubakar Magaji, the closure takes effective from midnight today Wednesday March 25, to midnight Saturday, March 28.
Sunday, 22 February 2015
I Never Said I Won’t Contest For A 2nd Term- President Jonathan

President Jonathan while addressing Islamic Clerics yesterday at the State House in Marina, Lagos said he never promised Nigerians that he will not contest for a 2nd term, that he was only quoted out of context. According to him, the Late Yar’Adua came up with a political reform then saying a Nigerian president should be allowed to run for seven years and not four years and he had agreed to the terms and said, if Nigerians allowed that, he will not be contesting for another term. He also challenged the people running the advertorial of his alleged single term rule to play the full tape. According to him, the full tape will give Nigerians a better understanding of what he meant. Read what the President said below:
Thursday, 19 February 2015
I Can’t Promise Elections Will Hold In March & April- Jega
The Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, Prof Attahiru Jega, has said he cannot guarantee if elections will hold in March or not, stating that major part of it still has to do with the issue of security, which only the Military can clarify. Jega appeared before the Senate yesterday and when asked by the Minority Leader, Senator George Akume, to give a clear assurance about the dates of the elections, Jega said;
Labels:
2015 general elections,
attairu jega,
inec,
news
Wednesday, 18 February 2015
This Coming Elections Will Not Be Held Even If We Are Dead-Voko Haram Leader Vows In New Video
Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau has vowed to disrupt Nigeria's general election in a new video released Tuesday, after two suicide attacks in the northeast blamed on the Islamists killed 38 people.
"This election will not be held even if we are dead. Even if we are not alive Allah will never allow you to do it," Shekau said in the Hausa language, presumably referring to the polls scheduled for March 28.
Tuesday, 17 February 2015
APC Rally in Rivers Turns Bloody!
Venue of an APC campaign rally has reportedly experienced explosion. The rally which is being held at Okrika Secondary School is been said to have turned sour after the explosion went off.
Labels:
2015 general elections,
apc,
apc rally,
politics
Jonathan Postponed Elections To Frustrate Buhari- New York Times
New York Times, a United States-based publication has said
the postponement of the elections by the Independent National Electoral
Commission, INEC, was arranged by President Goodluck Jonathan to frustrate Gen
Muhammadu Buhari of the All Progressives Congress. Read the full publication titled ''Nigeria’s Miserable Choices'' below.
The Nigerian government was supposed to hold presidential
elections this past weekend, which presented voters with the dispiriting choice
of keeping a lousy incumbent or returning to power a former autocratic leader.
Now they will have to wait at least six weeks to cast votes.
Photo: Jonathan Campaign Team share Rice & Yam to Women
As the 2015 election hots up, the campaign organisation of President Goodluck Jonathan are beginning to touch the lives of widows living in rural areas. They recently shared bags of rice and tubers of yam to the women numbering over 5, 000.
Saturday, 14 February 2015
Nigeria’s Election Materials Found in UK
According to a report from SaharaReporters, ballots meant for the Nigerian presidential election were found yesterday at the premises of a local printer in the Essex area of London. A source disclosed that the sensitive election materials, which ought to have arrived in Nigeria earlier in the week, were unsecured at the premises of Panther Printing Services in London. It was confirmed that a Nigerian firm named Cemoz International Limited had been contracted to print some ballot papers for the 2015 presidential elections.
Monday, 9 February 2015
Election Is Not A Do Or Die Affair, Oritsejafor Warns
Baba himself....The President of CAN and Founder of World of Life Bible Church, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor has warned politicians not to see the forthcoming elections as a do or die affairs. I his words Oritsejafor said;
Labels:
2015 general elections,
ayo oritsejafor,
can,
news
Sunday, 8 February 2015
"This Is Highly Provocative"- APC Reacts To Election Postponement
Consequent to the recent postponement of the 2015 elections by INEC, the All Progressive Congress has released a statement. ...please find it below:
Saturday, 7 February 2015
Why Election will not Hold Feb 14 - Jega
Mr. Attahiru Jega, the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, has concluded a briefing meeting with 25 civil society groups in Abuja Saturday informing them that all security agencies in the country have indicated to him, in writing, that they are not available to support the elections planned for February 14.
Wednesday, 4 February 2015
INEC Commissioner, Amina Zachary PVC Distribution May Delay Feb 14 Election
The February 14 presidential elections may be delayed if the number of voter I.D. cards the electoral commission (INEC) can distribute by Feb. 8 is too low, an electoral commissioner told Reuters.
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)
















