Tuesday 4 June 2013

Dear Readers, My wife’s become too skinny for my liking


I am longer comfortable with my wife and it is affecting our marriage. My wife used to be on the plump side. It was one of the things I fell in love with her. She typified the traditional African woman, who has the curves in the right places.

She didn’t add too much after our two children. At any rate, I wouldn’t have noticed because I was really crazy about her shape. I also didn’t hide this from her.

When some of her friends were harping on slim being the in-thing now, I warned her not to follow the trend; assured her she wasn’t fat, but just right for an ideal woman. Unfortunately, she seems not to believe me because sometime last year she enrolled in a gym. She told me it was to maintain her figure. I grudgingly allowed her to continue but warned her against being slim.

Now I can hardly recognise the woman I married as she is all bones. When I protested, she said it was the in-thing among her friends; that she doesn’t want to lose her husband. I reminded her that she doesn’t have problems with me on that score; that I want her the way she was.

The issue now is I don’t want her anymore. I want her out of my life because she is beginning to repulse me. I no longer derive pleasure in her company. Much as I love her, I am no longer happy with her and very hurt by the fact that she preferred what her friends’ husbands think than what I feel about her. I don’t know what to do because we had a very happy marriage. She knows I have never liked skinny women. She has started to complain about my lack of interest in her, but there is no way I can ever be as close to her again in her present shape. I am really trying hard not to loathe her because once I get to that point, there will nothing more for me in the marriage.

Please help me. I don’t know how to handle this challenge in my marriage of 12 years.

Vincent.

8 comments:

  1. U just av to sit her down nd let her no au u feel abt her current stature

    ReplyDelete
  2. I THINK YOU SHOULD COMMUNICATE THIS TO HER, I MYSELF AM ON THE CHUBBY SIDE AND EVEN THOUGH MY BF SAYZ HE LOVES ME THE WAY I AM, I STILL TRY TO WATCH MY WEIGHT. IT'S NORMAL FOR US LADY'S YO FEEL THAT WAY SOMETIMES BUT IN HER CASE SHE WENT OVER-BORED 12YRS IS NOT A SHORT TIME, U CANNOT BUILD THAT IN A DAY SO PLSSS COMMUNICATE AND GOD WILL SURLY GIVE U THE GRACE TO LOVE HER EVEN MORE... U CAN TELL HER TO PUT ON SOME WEIGHT BCK SHE CAN....

    ReplyDelete
  3. pls send her to me,i love lepa and her life will never be thesame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do u want to throw away a marriage and a happy home dat is meant to be for better or worse just bcos of shape or figure.pls don't my broda.just sit her down and think of a way to iron things out cos there are better things to think of than the shape of a thing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol all this because of weight?? I think you're an insecure and unfair man. You're marriage clearly wasn't all that happy if this is what's going to tear you apart.
    You based your love for your wife on superficial looks rather that actually loving her inner And appreciating the joy she brings in your life.
    I truly pity you because you are so unaware that once you leave her, you may never get her back. Don't be an idiot. Repent and seek couple councilling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand yr feeling, pls sit her down and talk to her. If she has to stop going to d gym pls tell her, and pls and pls try to love her again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. D best thing is to sit her down n tell her ur mind. Bcos a marriage of 12yrs shldnt be thrown away jst like dat all bcos of weight loss. Jst sit her down n make her know dis is wat U want n not wat her frnd want. U own her nt her frnd's. May God help to straighten ur marriage back. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well,av bn married for more than 8yrs wt kids.Tho,my hubby claims he likes chubby ladies Α̲̅πϑ that was y he married ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ Α̲̅πϑ I'm a perfect 12 up n 14 below with right curves,I still try to watch it.Av got a great shape but I still try to maintain it,tho ur wife went to d xtreme but trust us Women!we L♥√ع<3 to look good,sit ur wife down Α̲̅πϑ let her know aw u feel.My hubby complains a lot too but I can't go to d extreme,sit ur woman down let her know aw u feel 12yrs!no b joke.Pls may God be wt u Α̲̅πϑ perfect ur home.

    ReplyDelete

Kindly drop your comments and also follow
Twitter: @opecareem
Instagram: @opecareem